Encompassing some of the top tier universities in the world with an undeniably tranquil and eye-catching nature, vibrant cities, friendly natives and diversified culture and tradition along with an easy grading system and an extensively high living standard; Australia is getting popular among the students who are willing to pursue their higher studies abroad.
Kangaroo, beaches, desserts, Sydney, Melbourne, etc. are the only topics and places you are familiar with, about Australia. Well, you might get astonished to find out the fact that Australia is rapidly making its way to becoming the ultimate destination for international students across the globe.
WHY STUDY IN AUSTRALIA?
- Australia offers best quality education: Around eight Australian universities are placed in the top 100 in the latest QS World University Rankings.
- Australia is culturally diversified: Australia is one of the most culturally diverse nations in the world, with a large population of international students.
- Technological innovations: Australia is gradually picking the pace in technological innovations. Students are attracted here to study its advanced technology.
- Growing destination: Every year thousands of students across the globe travel to Australia for higher studies. Students choose this destination for its diversity and quality education.
- Australia is strong in global research: Australian universities are strong in research, excelling in area such as arts and humanities, education and sciences. Australia is also a proud contributor to global research, credited for many important discoveries, such as penicillin, IVF and wi-fi.
The below mentioned documents are mandatory for applying for Australian Visa application:
- Valid Passport
- Nonimmigrant Visa Application
- Application fee payment receipt
- Confirmation of Enrollment Form (COE): To obtain a visa to study in Australia, you must be fully enrolled in an Australian institution and receive a “Confirmation of Enrollment (COE).”
- Acceptance Letter
- Overseas health insurance receipt
- Recent Passport Sized Photographs
- Additional Documents as required
- Police report (Character Clearance)
- Proof of income sources
- Evidence of financial availability issued by one of the commercial banks of Nepal
- Student’s birth certificate
- Academic Documents
- A Health Examination should be done from DIBP recommended centers. They are Norvic Hospital or the International Office of Migration.
- The time required to process a visa can be anywhere between 8 to 12 weeks.
Generally, Australia has two intakes i.e., in February and July. Some of the universities allow multiple inputs even in September and November as well. Usually, the students are advised to initiate their admission process quite early i.e., around six months before the deadline. And most of the universities have three deadlines during one intake.
Note: The language and aptitude tests are to be completed before the deadline, and the application form should be filled appropriately.
WORKING WHILE STUDYING
If an international student owns a valid student visa, then he/she can work up to 20 hours per week while the school is still in session. There are no any restrictions on the number of hours an international student can work during an official school vacation. It’s assumed that a student can earn an average of 15-19 AUD per hour during their studies.
- Bachelor / Undergraduate: A student who has completed 12 years of education outside Australia but is equivalent to Australian 12 year will qualify.
- Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma: Student ought to possess an undergraduate qualification that is comparable to an Australian Bachelor degree.
- Master’s Degree: Student must have completed an undergraduate qualification which is equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree, honors degree or graduate diploma.
- Research Programs: Student must have completed an honors degree, master’s degree or an equivalent qualification from a recognized university.
- English Language requirements: All students must have the English language proficiency test scores. (TOEFL/IELTS/PBT)
The expenses for both the tuition and living depend on “where you are studying” and “which city you are studying in”. The tuition fee ranges from AUD 15000 to AUD 33000 annually solely for Bachelor’s degree, and for Master’s degree it ranges from AUD 14000 to AUD 37000. The highly preferred accommodation by international students, which are both affordable and well-facilitated, are Homestay, Guesthouses, and renting an apartment which also includes utilities and internet pass. A rough calculation shows that the groceries amount to AUD 100 to AUD 200 per week, and around AUD 18 for a meal in an inexpensive restaurant. Also, those students who are enrolled in the ACTION program are offered free transport services by the Australian government as well.
FACTS ABOUT AUSTRALIA
- Australia is the 6th Largest country in the world.
- It has population of about 25.5 million that is less than Nepal’s population.
- Australia Ranks among the top 3 for the highest human development index.
- Australia has over 10000 beaches.
- The alps of Australia receive more snow than Switzerland.
- There are more sheep in Australia than humans.
- Sydney is the largest city, but Canberra is the capital.
The Australian Government’s investment in foreign aid for studies exceeds AUD 200,000,000. Some scholarship schemes for international students are:
- Australia Awards: These scholarships are funded by the Australian Government, and includes tuition fees, travel expenses, and monthly costs.
- APEC Women in Research Fellowship Program: It is a support scheme provided to female researchers from developing APEC economies that plan to pursue research programs in collaboration with Australian universities.
- Endeavour Postgraduate Awards: It is an aid provided to students that wish to pursue a Master’s or Ph.D. degree.